Friday, January 3, 2014

September and October weren't really THAT long ago...

September:
Once we got back from Utah we walked into our house and (wait, I don't think I have ever mentioned this in a post, I'll explain. About two weeks before we left to Utah for the summer we got a call from our landlord and she told us we needed to find a new place to live due to some SERIOUS problems/repairs in the house we had been living in for 2 years. We had about a week to find a place before we left for the summer. It was stressful but we found a pretty nice place. Then, while we were in Utah, our good friends and neighbors, who had just finished dental school and were about to sale their home called us and told us their sale, sadly (for them, but not for us:)) had fallen through and wondered if we would be willing to rent from them instead. Of course we said YES. Who wouldn't live in their friends really nice, renovated, awesome house, right next door??? So, once we got back from Utah we walked into our house and it was no longer liveable due to the major problems/repairs I mentioned and we literally didn't even unpack our luggage, we just moved next door the next day. It was crazy, there were many days spent cleaning, unpacking and organizing but we are moved in and have loved every minute of the new and improved place.
Helping dad clean the van.


This is Jace and some of our awesome friends helping us move. They just figured the window was easier than the door.


After the move Jace started his first rotation. It was a psych rotation which he did well on. He would come home with some really interesting stories, but, he is not interested in that as a career (lucky for me, I think he would spend most of his life diagnosing and psycho-analyzing me haha.) We did get a little break in September though and were able to go to Palmyra as a ward. That was an incredible experience. Unfortunately I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked but it was still one of the neatest experiences we have been able to be a part of out here.

Walking through the Sacred Grove

October:
We really enjoyed October. Jace started his neuro rotation and started to be gone a lot more, working really hard, there were a few weeks in there where he got to do neuro surgery and he really thought that was awesome. The kids and I had a great time with the awesome fall weather and all the fun Halloween activities. We watched Halloween movies and made treats, went to the park a lot, the farmers market and carved pumpkins. Elliot started preschool which has seriously allowed him to blossom in so many ways! It has been so incredible to see him and Mae develop more independently from him being gone for a bit. We were able to go to his school parade and they invited Mae to join in. It is seriously so fun to see her participate in big girl things. Also, we were able to meet one of the Twelve Apostles, Elder Ballard. He was here for the 10th Anniversary of the Historical Kirtland sights. I was able to go to a private fireside with the youth in the Kirtland temple. We also were able to shake his hand and listen to him speak at our Stake Conference. It was such a special experience. Elliot kept calling him a "fossil," but we won't tell Elder Ballard that.

Playing with mom


Cool shades.

Jace found a praying mantice and decided to adopt him... against my better judgement.




How is this happening???

WHAT!!! She can't possibly be related to me haha!

Cool kids in cool hoods.

Meeting Elder Ballard, he photo bombed us but you can't really see him... he's hiding behind the young woman in the orange stripes!

First day of preschool. So excited!

Seriously, could he be cuter...



Trick-or-treating gorilla!

And giraffe!


Eating some of her loot, little squirt.

The Zoo keepers with their silly zoo animals!
Pumpkin carving time!
Our Halloween picnic.

Jace did the haunted house, after that neuro surgery rotation he was getting really good with intricate knife work haha!
Helping with the leaves!

 Well that's all for now. Hopefully I can do a November and December post before life gets crazy with another little one. That's my new year's resolution, oh, and to have a baby... so you better hold me to it!










1 comment:

  1. Nichole, this is Jenny Gibbons! I just saw a comment you posted on my blog about your YW activity and you wanting a copy of a beauty handout. I AM SO SORRY! I had a baby 13 days earlier and feel so bad I wasn't able to get back with you. I will be more diligent about checking my comments from now on. My email address is jennylgib@gmail.com and if you still want a copy I would be more than happy to send it to you. I hope your YWs are doing well in OH. You have such a cute family, too! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete