Tuesday, March 5, 2013

love.

So, can I just start by saying I LOVE my new blog, Dee you are something else. Thank-you, thank-you for the much needed renovation! I'm so excited to post on here, and sad it has taken me so long to sit down and actually do it. It's all February's fault. That month is, quite frankly, just a little too busy for my taste. Jace's birthday is exactly one week into the month and just when the dust settles from planning and organizing something special for that annual event, exactly two weeks into the month Valentine's day punches me in the head, with even more special planning (and this time special receiving, which totally helps) and this year, it just so happened that right when the dust settled from Valentine's day, the youth in our ward were in charge of a little (actually, really big) Sweetheart's dance, which is put on every year by the young men and young women. It's a fundraiser to help them pay for girl's camp and scout camp. It was a lot of work, and a LOT of fun. But, needless to say, a night spent sitting on the couch, blogging, was pushed aside. The thing is, as busy as it was, I was glad to have a lot to do and amazing things to celebrate. Sometimes in my life I lose perspective and start complaining about the things that bring life to my life. So, because I didn't blog in the month of love I decided to list (mostly for my own sake) ten things I love right now.  Even if they are things that stress me out, or keep me busy, or, especially, demand milk, grapes, fruit snacks and Curious George all at once. (I am referring to Elliot...)

1. I love sitting in the same room as Jace, even if we are doing completely different things ( Like right now, as I blog about nonsense and he watches "The Walking Dead." Yeah, we are cool.)
2. I love when Jace is studying and I hear him mutter things like "glucocortocoids" in a sentence as if it's totally normal part of everyone's vocabulary.
3. I love my church calling, and being busy doing good things. It makes me feel like I'm progressing. Especially after a day spent washing the same things three times because Elliot was throwing up and just couldn't figure out the dang puke bowl!
4. Speaking of puke, our whole family had a stomach bug last week, and I hate throwing-up, but I love the moment you know it's finally going to stop and then suddenly you get that ravenous appetite...
5. I love my kids, in all their forms; grumpy, stinky, whiney, loud, sad, cuddly, happy, sick, and especially right out of the tub!
6. I love that Elliot knows all the words to "Goodnight" by the Beatles, yeah, he is pretty dang cool.
7. I love that Mae has a mind of her own. As much as it makes me crazy, I hope she stays that way. (If she can channel it...)
8. I love snow. (Actually, I just lied, I really don't like snow anymore. Maybe next year.)
9. I love my family, even when they are way too far away, and I seriously miss really silly things sometimes like that Christmas where we danced in the living room.
10. I love people who "force" me to watch shows like "Parks and Rec." and who send me home with flash drives filled with all of season one of "Vampire Diaries." That's all I'm going to say...

Here are some pictures of our month of love.


Little Mae

Kissy faces


Hello Elton John...


My little Valentine's







Mae's first movie! She is a fan of "The Lion King."
Hope you have a great March!




5 comments:

  1. yay! I love your new blog too! It looks so classy and fun at the same time. Now you have to blog constantly, right? right? RIGHT?

    love your love list... annnnnd... your welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're also welcome... except no one can really force one to do something a million miles away... one chooses to do something because a certain something is so addicting and hilarious and one can't peel her eyes away. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these pictures are so cute I can't even handle it!! Can't wait to see you guys the kids are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute love all the things you love...except you lied about 1 so you owe us another post ASAP! Super cute kids and your hair is LONG! Your going to beat me girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! And I totally feel you on the hanging out in the same room with your husband while you do different things. Somehow it's still way better than not being together.

    ReplyDelete