Tuesday, October 23, 2012

mini-vans and horse drawn buggies

So, it seems to me that September is just this redundant transitional month that gets us from summer to fall (I apologize if I have offended anyone.) In my opinion there are only a few good things that September has ever done for anyone (my nephew and brother-in-law are two of them who totally take the cake, and who can forget Scott Speedman and Fiona Apple...don't judge me.) But, the point is, I was so glad when October came bustling into Ohio, in a gust of orange and yellow that was and still is too vibrant to describe. It is because of the sheer flabbergastingness (I know that's not a word, but people I honestly can't find words it really is too amazing to describe) of fall in Ohio, I am sad that October is almost over.

Also, my parents came to town, and spoiled us all rotten as usual. We went to the Zoo, the Children's Museum, the park, did a lot of shopping, eating, splurging and had such a great time, it's no wonder I miss home so much after they leave! I don't know what we would ever do without Gram and Pop in our lives. I have to say the highlight of their trip, for me anyway (aside from that incredible movie... haha just kidding mom) was heading to good 'ole Amish country in a nice red mini-van. It was a great adventure and I can't stop eating Amish fudge, bread, jam popcorn or dreaming about the homemade doughnuts...(again, don't judge me.) Or explaining to Elliot why we don't drive a horse...

Little Mae bug

We could hear these little "peeps" but couldn't find them. Then the mamma stood up!




Dad and Pop put him in the dog kennel. He loved the puppies!


He wouldn't go anywhere without the umbrella when is started raining, pretty cute!



This pumpkin had "witch warts."

Amish transportation



In the "Amish Museum," looking good.

Jace pulling the buggy

That's more like it!



The guys


I could have dropped a lot of money in here... but, instead my parents did haha! Thank-you caramel corn and pumpkin pie fudge for changing my life!

He loved riding the horse!


We seriously had such a great time, we miss them so much! But, we get to come home for Christmas and as much as I love Ohio in the fall, nothing beats a Utah winter! Here's to a beautiful fall wherever you are!

3 comments:

  1. That looks fun! Take some pictures of the leaves and things i wanna see!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so skinny!! Lay off the fudge, would ya? ;) I love their beanies! I hope they fit ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! Elliot looks so cute in his little beenie.

    ReplyDelete