Thursday, September 13, 2012

little mae, mae

Eight months ago our little Mae was born. She is such a special part of our family. She doesn't make a big fuss about much, she is definitely always patiently waiting "just a minute," while we tend to a much louder and messier child (who we love equally.) But, she is truly a sweet and charming little thing. I just can't wait to spend countless nights with her, watching the old and new Pride and Prejudice, while discussing in detail how we feel like Collin Firth will always be Mr. Darcy, but the new one is pretty bewitching too. I am preparing myself now, for emotional nights spent crying over Wuthering Heights, Jane Eyre, or worse, hurt feelings and a broken heart. I am hoping to be Young Women's president again one day, when she is in Young Women's, so I can share moments with her at girl's camp and mutual, but more importantly so I can share with her my testimony, which is one of the greatest things my mom ever shared with me. I think about these things when I am holding her at night. I look so forward to making memories with her, that are as important and tender and priceless as the many I have been able to make with my mom and sisters. That is what is so incredible about having a little girl, knowing that no matter what, she will like a good laugh and sometimes, even more, a good cry (especially if it's over Heathcliffe.) I'm sure we won't always agree, and I know she might not love everything I love, but, I'm convinced we will be friends, we will laugh together, and we might even stay up until 3 in the morning watching Giant, simply because it's a James Dean movie and because I was taught by my mom that it's important to finish what you start (even if it's a movie that you thought was only 2 hours long, but turned out to be 4 hours long... yeah that happened.) Here's to my little girl and future romantic movie companion!




7 comments:

  1. I absolutely dream about those nights and I absolutely adore your little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reminding me all the wonderful things about having a little girl!! Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my little princess, but sometimes other reminders are nice....especially when the terrible twos are raging. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mae and her red hair is just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. her face reminds me of YOU!! She's so darn cute! and she will LOVE you! Always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, what a sweet post :). She is adorable! miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute post. I kinda got all teary eyed. Yay for sweet little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is SO gorgeous Nichole! I love her hair color it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete