Sunday, January 22, 2012

a little mae in january

So, long story short, I went into labor on Sunday January 8th. After about 3 hours of some pretty intense contractions, I finally decided to call the doctor. He was a little confused I waited so long ( obviously he has never heard the stories about women who think they are in labor and then get to the hospital and are sent home) and told me that someone who is 39 weeks, dilated to 2cm and scheduled for a c-section with a breech baby, would more than likely not be sent home. So with that vote confidence, and some extremely painful contractions, we called our neighbors who took Elliot in with open arms (for his very first sleepover) and headed to the hospital. After about 3 more hours and some serious run-around, I was admitted, epiduraled, prepped and ready for surgery. Jace, was not only the beaming father-of-a-daughter to be, but a total med student. I was able to hear a play-by-play from the anesthesiologist ,of everything that was going on. ( I say this with sarcasm because usually the less I know the better.) But I let it slide just this once. So, while I tuned out the physiology lesson I realized that c-sections are actually really fast and smooth, and that it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be... then suddenly I heard the doctor say, "there's a foot." I heard a little cry and at 9:20pm our little Mae was born. She was almost as big as her brother, 8.2 oz and 19 3/4 in. She has soft auburn hair and she is so tender and petite. She also looks a lot like her dad ( in a feminine, adorable way.) We love having her in our home, and Elliot loves his baby sister... So far.

Excited dad


Exhausted mom


Introductions




On the way home

Meeting Gram




Meeting Pop



Cuddling






Kisses



Loves


Mae Marilyn Bullard 1/8/2012

13 comments:

  1. Wow these photos are so sweet. Elliot is such a sweetheart with her...at least in photos anyways. She is precious and I love all her hair and cute pouty lips. Congrats you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful!! Congratulations!! I am glad everything went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just... wish I could be there. I seriously miss you so much. You have the cutest children on earth. {until mine come...hopefully} :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is gorgeous! Stunning really. Congratuations, guys. We're so excited for you. I can't wait to meet her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable little baby! I love the pictures of her and Elliot together. Such a cute little family you have! Congrats to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously she is so precious! I love the picture of Elliot sitting on Jace's lap in the hospital. He looks like such a proud big brother. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have beautiful babies! Seriously, adorable! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love her pouty lips! love reilee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I can't wait to see you guys and hold her and wrestle with that little mini you! See you in 11 days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is a doll. I am so glad all went well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is so sweet! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Nichole! She is absolutely adorable and perfect. What a cute lil family you have.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nichole and Jace, your kids are adorable! Congratulations! Two kiddos are sure work, but lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete