Friday, January 6, 2012

just "breechy"

Two posts in three days must be some kind of record. I am simply posting to explain why my baby is not here yet! We went to the doctor on Tuesday and found out she is breech. This means (if you are like me and had only heard that term but never knew what it meant) she is already going against the grain and is situated the wrong way. (Should her blatant defiance make me more stressed than I already am?) At this point in pregnancy (39 weeks and 2 days) most babies have their heads down and bums up, all set for their debut. But, this little woman is staying put with her head lodged right under my rib, her bum down and her feet right by her little face. Maybe she will be excellent at yoga, but we won't know that for sure until Tuesday when I am scheduled for an unexpected c-section. While we definitely didn't see this coming, and are feeling some mixed emotions about the process, we are more than ready for anything that will get this day-dee (as Elliot says) into this world. So, the countdown is still on, but there is finally a scheduled date and time. Wish us luck! Or just pray that everything goes smoothly!

3 comments:

  1. May your little one turn before Tuesday, but if not, c-sections aren't bad. As you know I had an emergency one with Spencer and will most likely have to do another one with this baby. We are anxiously awaiting the arrive of your little woman. On a side note, did you get our package?
    Ryanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Good luck and make sure you take it extra easy once you get home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. c-sections aren't that horrible. Just get up and move no matter how bad it hurts. Just think, you never have to worry about the tearing and other aweful stuff with reg birth. You just sit there on the table as numb as ever and relax. If you have any questions please call/text or email me. I will be as much help as I can. My number is on facebook. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete